Monday, September 26, 2011

Tee shirt revamp project

Hello people,

I have a project for making over a basic tank top tee shirt.  What I have done is taken a2 yrd tulle trim edging and sewn it it into a a circle by sewing the ends together
Then I have taken a 3/8 inch wide elastic, measured my waist and removed 3 inches.  Taking the elastic and stretching it as I sew, I have sewn it to the the tulle.

By stretching the elastic as I sew a zig zag stitch (at the widest and longest setting) to the tulle, it creates a gather and makes the tulle ruffly. 

After turning the tulle into a ruffled circle I pin it to the tee shirt and then sew using the existing stitch line at the hem of the tee shirt as a reference point to sew the two pieces together. 


Then viola!!  Here is a picture of the finished shrt. 

This is a nice little pop of whimsy to just a plain tee shirt!  I love being a girl.

Can a girl ever have too many ruffles?

Thank you for stopping by to check out this project.

Leslie

1 comment: