Thursday, March 24, 2011

I had a little surgery to take fluid from my lungs-update

I've been running around having all sorts of tests.  I shared with you that my films from exray came back showing fluid in my lungs.  Cat scan confirmed it, and yesterday and mri agreed as well.  Today I went to a Pulmonologist.  He sent me to the hospital.


At the hospital I had the fluid from my right lung drained. They can't do both sides in case one lung collapses. So, they did the side that had the largest amount of fluid. I won't go into to details. They drew it all out and it was 700 ml with is 26.6 ounces. That is 2 12 ounce cans of soda pop plus 2 more ounces. I have a photo of the jar they collected in. I was in shocked at the volume. My left lung still has fluid, but we are going to see if it resolves on it's own.  Here is the photo.  I hope the fact that it looks a bit like a glass of beer with a nice head of foam on it doesn't ruin you for beer forever.
700 ml of me juice.  Yuck!
I won't have anything to report unless my lab results from this fluid come back wonky.  My surgery will be on the 4th of April.  Thank each one of you for all of your support!  No kidding, you guys are great.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment