Wednesday, October 13, 2010

They say you can tell a lot about a person by their smile.

People say you can tell a lot about a person by their smile.  I know that a smile can make a great first impression.  I have had smile issues for a good chunk of my adult life.  As a young teen my dentist thought my teeth had too much of a gap on the bottom.  I had to wear rubber bands and spacers to push them closer together. This did such an awesome job that I grew up with teeth stacked on top of each other like a bull dog.  Lovely looking!  
It bothered me, but I hid it well.  They were on the bottom, and thus easier to hide.  The over crowding of these teeth caused a bit of chipping.  Now you have the back ground.  Here is the meat of the story.  

Last week I got my chipped teeth built up with a dental compound that matches my tooth color.  It is sort of like acrylic nails but harder.  The process was ummmmm, interesting.  But I really like the results.  Yes, my teeth are still crowded.  The work that was done makes them look like they aren't though.  The Dentist did a lot of sanding and grinding and buffing oh my!  Now my smile is something a bit more OMPH!  I quite enjoy it.  If there is a little something; something you are wishing you could correct in your grin, just do it.  Talk to your Dentist.   You might be surprised at what they are able to do.  Some of it is relatively affordable.  Being able to smile pretty for the camera, makes for a truly beautiful life.  
I encourage you to take care of yourself well, and have a beautiful life for yourself today.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment