Monday, June 13, 2011

Look good, Feel better

People, it is no secret that I believe when you feel yucky you can make yourself feel better.  The secret is to dress and makeup like you do feel good.  Thus tricking your mind and body to feel better than you actually do.

Apparently the American cancer society feels that same way.  Or maybe they have just been reading my blog!  They hold classes across the country called look good Feel great.  The classes are focused on helping women deal with the rigors of cancer on the skin and their hair.  The class covers makeup application, scarf tying, wig styling.  All the makeup is provided by major makeup lines.  Let me tell you it was great stuff.

So, I dragged my tired body to this class and found it to be serious fun.  There were a lot of different ladies there with different circumstances.  This opened up a lot of discussion to help with each special need.  Dark circles, dry skin, camouflage for spots. 

There is also a website that has much of the same info on it, but you don't get the makeup.  The makeup is full size versions, not sample sized.  No matter what your health is, this website can be very helpful in learning something new about makeup and beauty.

http://lookgoodfeelbetter.org/


I got so many things in my kit.  Estee Lauder, clinique, Bobby Brown, NYC, Mary Kay, Aveda, Lubriderm, Physicians formula, Clarins, Botanisourse.
This is what I looked like when I arrived

Wonderful teacher from the American Cancer society

Kelly, who takes such great care of her patients on chemo day.  (I think she was trying to scam makeup out people) Joking!

Most of the makeup on this face is Bobby Brown.  It is more of a natural look.  But you can tell that I darkened my eyebrows a bit.  It really made a big difference in framing out my eyes. Although I prefer a powder instead of a pencil.  Overall, It looks great! 

The afternoon went fast.  I am so glad that I went.  I for sure look good, and now I really do feel better

No comments:

Post a Comment