Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New guilty pleasure, extreme couponing on TLC

Okay people, It is time I fess up.  It's true that I have a hidden talent.  I have in the past been a coupon queen.  I have also been known to dumpster dive.  There, I said it.  Now the secret is out.  I began my coupon saving journey using a site called The grocery game.  http://www.thegrocerygame.com/.  On this site you will receive a list for the store you choose.  It will match up the in store sales with the current coupons available for the maximum savings you can get.  It makes it easy to use this list as all the work aside from coupon clipping is done for you.  It really helped us out of some rough times to have this skill.  I have fallen out of the extremeness of it and just shoot for savings, instead of living with a zero grocery bill. 

So, recently there has been this show on TLC called extreme couponing.  I assure you that I never was this serious.  It has renewed the interest in me.  Because face it, who can afford to throw away money.  I am no longer using the grocery game list.  I do compare lists such as http://www.couponmom.com/.  Here, for no cost at all, you will find similar lists to the ones that the grocery game produces.  You will find them for any store, including the drug stores.  It is very helpful.  She does suggest that you donate the freebies to someone who needs them.  That is all up to you. 

I don't clip coupons as I receive them.  I place them in a folder with the date they came out, and then as I need a coupon the list tells me what date it came out, and then I clip it.  It is much simpler this way.  I keep the folders in a big binder and then just sort as I go. 

If you haven't had a chance to watch any of the extreme coupon shows, here is the link.  http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extreme-couponing.  The site has excerpts from show.  It is very entertaining.  Now you know my guilty pleasure.  There is nothing like seeing the price on the register roll backward.  Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Thank you for stopping by.  Take a moment to follow or subscribe.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment