Friday, January 28, 2011

Egyptian governments crazy communication crack down.

The news is crazy today.  I don't want to go all political on you.  You can read for yourself what is happening in Egypt, or watch the world news and form your own opinion.  I just want to go on record with a few facts from my own life.

I live in an area so small it isn't even called a city.  It's a town.  The name isn't likely to change soon.  Frequently the power goes out.  That means I lose my Tv, and internet, but still have my cell phone service.  If my power is out more than and hour I go a little bug eyed without my internet.  It is my electronic companion.  If my government made it so my cell phone went out as well, I would for sure take to the streets in protest.  There would be some serious insanity coming from me.  I think in general a lot of people I know would go from calm, normal, sane people to completely freaked out mob mentality in a matter of hours without all the modern technology that keeps us connected.

So, When I see these folks on the news I think, "they probably aren't that much different than me" They like the freedoms they are allowed and when they see them slipping away they feel fighting mad.  What are your thoughts on all this madness people?   State your thoughts while you can.  If it could happen there I suppose, it could happen anywhere.

Leslie

2 comments:

  1. ''I think in general a lot of people I know would go from calm, normal, sane people to completely freaked out mob mentality in a matter of hours without all the modern technology that keeps us connected.''

    I COMPLETELY agree with you - I couldn't imagine what would happen if Australia experienced the same kind of restrictions as Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even find myself checking on my blog from my cellphone. This is a horrible thing to watch

    ReplyDelete