Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thinking out of the box...There is no spoon.

My people this is a wacky yet wonderful idea to use as we start the baby new year.
I read an article that discussed our lives as boxes.  I also watched the movie "My Life as a House"  Now that is a good theory.  Thinking of ourselves as houses that have rooms that are constantly being built.  Whoa, I am getting way off track.  Deep breath.  Okay, back on track.  Here is where I am going with this.

Have any of you seen the matrix?  Do you remember the scene where Neo Goes to see the Oracle and there is this young boy bending spoons.  I would love to show you the movie clip if you haven't seen it but I cannot embed it because it is protected.  So, I will have to just share the scripted scene with you.

 Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.



Okay, you have heard the saying "think outside of the box"?   Well, I am about to challenge you to think wide open.  In the movie The Box The main Character,  Arlington Steward says this about boxes. 
"Your home is a box. Your car is a box on wheels. You drive to work in it and you drive home in it. You sit at home staring at a box. It erodes your soul while the box that is your body inevitably withers then dies whereupon it is placed in the ultimate box to slowly decompose."
That is soooo positive and uplifting isn't it?  Well, now I shall get to the point and tie these two thoughts together.  Just as there is no spoon, and we use our mind to bend it and by bending our minds we shape ourselves.  There is no box to think outside of.  Except for the boxes that we allow ourselves to be placed inside of or we place our selves in.  It can sometimes be so safe inside those boxes.  But once you realize the box you are in is not real at all it can not control you.  Poof the box disappears and you have no walls to hold you back.  I would even go so far as to say that the glass ceiling I hear so much about is a sort of a box.  It is something people tell you is there to prevent you from trying to move beyond it.  Anything that is going to stop you from moving forward or upward is only a positive thought away.


Boxes aren't all that bad though.  You can make a cool box car like this:
 Your buddies would be so jealous of you kickin it your stylin box car.  Everyone would run out and make one.  Well my friends  That is all I have to say about boxes, and spoons.  Except to remind you that spoons make excellent eye lash curlers. 

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment