Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm walking on sunshine-right into my retrofuturist

Hello my people,

In this crazy world with all sorts chaos swirling around us, I figure that everyone  needs a little consistency.  Routine is so important when things have gone crazy.  I used to watch Ally McBeal.  Her therapist told her that she needed to pick a theme song for her life, to help her through her hard time.  I have had a couple of theme songs that are uplifting to help me through bad days.  One is "Super good Feeling" By Bleach, and the other is "Walking on Sunshine" By Katrina and the waves".  If your wondering, it helps.  Having a theme song helps you shift your brain from soaking in sorrow to focusing on the best laid plans for your life.  Everything gets loud, you tap your feet, your body might even start moving.  Then before you know it you are singing, at the top of your lungs.  Even if your voice is awful, you start to feel good.


The other thing that I use to create consistency and improve my mood is makeup.  I've shared before that getting dressed and putting on makeup can help me to feel better.  If there isn't a grand amount of energy available to do even simple makeup anyone can muster the strength to put on a swipe of lipstick.  My favorite lipstick of all time is Lime Crime Retrofuturist.  Even with all the cancer tests, bad news, and surgeries happening right now, putting on a swipe of retrofuturist improves my appearance immediately.  Improving the way I look makes my outlook greater.  Imagine what would happen if I listened to one of my theme songs and wore my favorite lipstick!!  Things could get really crazy and I could knock the world off it's axis with all my foot tapping and smiling.

It sounds simplistic.  Sometimes the things that work the best really are the most simple.  In the above photo I am wearing my favorite Betsy Johnson baby-doll, covered by a Victoria secret wrap.  Smile by Lime Crime, and the lamb on my shoulder is a hot water bottle that has ice chips in it to reduce the swelling on my port site.  That is my look of the day.

As you go through your day, I pray you're walking on sunshine, and wearing your favorite things.

Thank you for stopping by missditz-thebeautifullife.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment