Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cooking in the kitchen with missditz

Today I am making something special.  While away in Alabama, The folks we went to visit took extra special measures for Anna and I in the cooking department.  Since we are vegetarian they made some special things.  They tend to eat meatless frequently so they had some tasty recipes.  This is one of the most tasty Hummus dishes I have ever tried.  So, I had Dana give me the recipe.  I'd like to share it with you.

Dana's Famous Alabama Hummus

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ejagzfhzh58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 Ingredients:

I doubled my recipe, so everything is twice as much as I am telling you.



3 or 4 cloves of garlic
1 can or drained garbanzo beans
1/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Dash of hot sauce
1/4 cup olive oil

Process galic in food processor until minced. Add beans and next 4 ingredients; process until smooth, scrap down sides .  Slowly pour olive oil in chute, processing until smooth.  Spoon into a  bowl, cover and chill.  Serve with pita bread or with crackers.
This took 5 minutes to make from beginning to end.  Easy peasy.  My family loved it.  We had a salad and pita bread with it.  If you like hummus, you'll love this.  If you never have tried hummus, try something new, and you will really love this.

Thank you for coming by today.  Take a moment to subscribe or leave a comment below.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment