Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When will the reconstruction happen you ask?

Hello people,
I am sorry I have been so late in my updates about the whole reconstructive process #2.  That's what I am calling it.  Unless you all can suggest a more creative name for my second try at reconstruction?  I am taking all suggestions. 

My presurgery appointment to finalize everything will be on March the 22nd.  The surgery will be on April 4th.  If you haven't gone through surgery before here is what happens.  Before you can have surgery the doctor needs to make sure you are healthy enough to handle the operation.  They send you for blood work called a CBC panel to make sure that your blood looks good.  In my case they also had me go for an EKG for my heart, as well as a chest ex-ray.  For some reason there was some sort of cloudy mass on my right lung.  Since my cancer was on my right and that is the side I've had so many surgeries on, it is most likely a bunch of scar tissue.  Just to be on the safe side, I'll be going in for a Cat Scan on Monday. 

I'm feeling really well.  It is something that I am starting to get excited about having done.  Hopeful is the best word to describe my emotions.  I'm hopeful that this time there aren't any infections or complications.  That it is smooth sailing and that I won't have to have any further surgeries of any kind of nature in the future.  You all have been so supportive.  Thank you so very much.  You guys are the greatest. 

Thanks for stopping by to see my update. 

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment